And More Rain...

          Hey everyone!
  Well, the rain is continuing to fall here in Donghai and it doesn't seem like it will ever be stopping! Today is the 14th day in a row that it has rained! To say it's starting to be an annoyance would be a very big understatement. Before the rain came, everyone here was complaining about a drought, and now everyone just wants the rain to stop. I'm kind of hoping for the same thing haha. I'm really glad that I have those rain pants though. Before I thought I would never wear them because they look weird, but now they're the best. If I don't wear them and my jacket, then I'm completely soaked through in just 5 minutes of being outside!
  Other than the rain, this last week we had some other fun stuff happen. The past few Sundays we taught the members how to talk with people about the Church and do stuff like that, and we had a big ward mission activity. We had a bunch of members go to places around the city and do some missionary work with us. Unfortunately the rain came right when we were leaving from the church and we got drenched, but thankfully after about 15 minutes it stopped and the activity was great. I went around with a guy named M... who is getting ready to leave on his mission to Hong Kong in August. He is really cool and we had a good time just going around contacting. It was a little hard because of the recent rain to find people, but it was still good. It was fun to get him pumped to leave. We also found a lot of nice people. Unfortunately, they all live outside our area, but that's all good.
  Other good news..., L... is all set to go for his baptism! I'm super happy for him. He has a solid testimony, but because he is so shy, it's hard for anyone to get to know him or to see that he has one. He rarely says more than a few words at a time, but during the baptismal interview, apparently he just opened up and talked a ton about how he's already noticed a change in his life and his attitude. I was really happy to hear this. He is a really sincere guy and I hope that he can continue to be strong. 
  We met with Z... again this week and had a powerful lesson with him. We testified of the Book of Mormon and of the restoration of the gospel and priesthood. He believes that the Book of Mormon is true and that Joseph Smith was a prophet and that he saw God and Jesus Christ. He just can't accept that his baptism was performed without the proper restored priesthood authority. He says he has been firm in his belief since he was a young boy and just can't accept that fact. It's sad to see that he is so close to being baptized. There's not much we can do though. It is his decision and God allows people their free agency. He is a wonderful man and I love him. He is going to be leaving for Hong Kong to visit his older brother who is in the hospital with cancer. It is in it's terminal phase so there isn't anything to be done. I would just like you all to pray for him and his brother.
  I'm pumped today because we are going to eat at a pretty famous restaurant. It is a toilet themed restaurant. Pretty strange if you ask me. We sit on toilet seats, and all the food looks pretty interesting haha. There's only one in Taiwan but apparently it's really famous, so I'm excited to eat there!
  That's too bad about the tornado at the Waffle House. Is it completely destroyed? I loved eating at that place! Well that's about it. Thanks for your love and support. I love you all very much!!
Love,
Andrew
 
Bathroom Themed Restaurant

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Enjoying The Work!

Slight Scare...

My Final Email Home!