Awesome Week! 本周好

  Dear Family,

  I had another amazing week! It's actually pretty hard to have a bad week when you're in somewhere cool like Taiwan, and doing such important work.

  Last pday, we all celebrated my birthday! A little bit early, but by the end of the month, no one has any money left in their account so we had to do it earlier haha. The other Elders, some members and I all went bowling! It was a lot of fun. There were some good bowlers there...but none as good as me. I got my best game so far...149!! I got three doubles over the course of the two games we played, but I just couldn't get a turkey. I didn't even know I was good at bowling so when I got all those strikes, I was just as surprised as everyone else. I think it's from all that practice with you dad! Afterwards we went to a big chidaobao. It was a really really nice and expensive one. Luckily one of the members somehow got a discount, it was a lot cheaper. We ate so much! After we had eaten for an hour and a half and everyone was completely full, they brought out another 10 plates of meat!!! And the rule is, you have to pay for all the extra food you don't eat, so we had to eat all of it! Literally every time I have a meal with a Taiwanese person, I always feel so full afterwards. Luckily the food was all really good. Unlimited sushi, chicken, pork, raw fish, chicken heart (which is actually pretty good) and unlimited ice cream! It was a lot of fun.
 
  The next day Elder Rock and I went on exchanges. He's only been on the island a little longer than me so we're both pretty new and don't really speak Chinese. So all of that added up to an interesting time together. Of course when we went out at night, we got lost. So we spent a really long time asking literally everyone for directions and after we didn't understand, we would just go to the next person, and so on and so on. So we got to tour around all of Tainan before we finally found where we wanted to go. 
 
  The people we are teaching are all doing well. L... is still looking good for his baptism next week, and so is D... We taught L... Y... H... the Word of Wisdom yesterday and he has some challenges except for drugs. The penalty for drugs here is so severe that basically no one has problems with that. He committed to live by the word of wisdom and to give up everything. He is slowly gaining a stronger testimony of the gospel. He said he's had some good experiences with prayer and really enjoyed coming to church. I think he's looking good for the 7th of February.
 
 Well that's about it for this week. Just some fun facts. There are a lot of stray dogs here and they have really big fierce packs of them. We always hear dogs barking and growling in the night and I can only guess whether someone is getting attacked or not. I haven't had any problems, but a lot of missionaries are really scared because they've gotten attacked before. Maybe I should buy a bat... Also, they don't really have toilet paper rolls like we have in the U.S. You basically have little tissue boxes and you grab a tissue when you need one. Pretty cool.
 
  Well I hope everyone has a great week! Love you lots!
Love,
Andrew
 

 
 
Tainan, Taiwan, 2015

 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Enjoying The Work!

Slight Scare...

My Final Email Home!