Typhoon Week...

Hey Everyone!! 
  Yes I'm still alive, we survived the typhoon!! We didn't know how powerful of a typhoon it actually was because we were inside for all of it. Before when there were typhoons or anything bad, we just went outside to proselyte like normal....those times were all jam packed with lots of fun stories, but this time, our mission president said that we all had to stay inside until the storm was gone. It kind of had the feeling of a snow day back home when you don't have to go to school. The difference was that staying inside wasn't fun at all haha. Eventually at around 1:30pm or so we got permission to leave the house and we just went around in the rain talking with people that were inside stores. Since then it has rained every day, all day, including today. 

  We had Zone Leaders Training Meeting this week which was fun. It was nice not to have to give the training for a change. I could just sit back and learn some new things from the other missionaries. Actually, I was mainly focused on translating for the Taiwanese missionaries so it wasn't super relaxing haha. I just really love speaking Chinese. It's so much fun to learn. It's really hard and I still have a lot to learn, but the challenge of learning this language has been fun for me throughout my entire mission. I love it. I'm going to miss it when I come back home. 

  Other than the rain, we had a good week. Me met with a member who hasn't been to church in a while and also with her husband who is not a member. They, the Z... family, are both wanting to start coming to church and learn more about how to help their family. They've only been married for three months. They are super cool and excited to learn, but unfortunately they are so busy with work that they can't come to church and can only meet with us at 8:30 in the morning. We'll keep working with them though.

  My companion Elder Neuhaus is awesome and we are having a great time together here in Zuoying. He is telling me that everything in America has changed while I've been gone. He says that the clothes, music, and everything have changed. Like what in the world are joggers clothes, or why on earth do people where Keen sandals (yes, the ugly ones that mom made me bring on my mission, haha). I'm a little worried that I won't fit in when I get back. Luckily, I still have some more time here.

  Well, today for pday I'm going to Tainan to see a friend that can hopefully help me buy some super cheap stuff from China and places like that. I'm excited to see what he can get for me.

   Lastly, I'm glad to hear that Alexa's talk went really well. Way to go Alexa! And have fun camping this week!!

  That's all that I've got for this week. I love you all!
Love,
Elder Stevens


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Enjoying The Work!

Slight Scare...

My Final Email Home!