Beach Time...

Hello Everyone!! 

  We just got back from a fun trip to an island called Xiao Liu Qiu just off the coast of Dong Gang. It was a fun trip and I took some good pictures, but the downside is that I don't have much time to email now. So hopefully the pictures will make up for my lack of an email.

  This last week was a little slow on the teaching front. We're hoping that this coming week will be good though. S... was in the hospital again so we weren't able to visit with him. Please pray for him! 

  This week I did my first baptismal interview! Can you believe it, I've been out for this long and still hadn't done an interview before haha. The Elders in Dalio (Elder Clayson and Giles) have been teaching a young couple, L... and D..., who are going to be baptized in two weeks. I was a little nervous before and was praying really hard that I would be able to distinguish clearly whether or not they were ready to be baptized. I had an interview with the wife, D.... She was super nervous to have to do an interview with me haha. But I showed her my family picture book to start out and as soon as she saw the picture of Chloe our dog she was so happy! She loves dogs and she said that Chloe is one of the cutest and well behaved dogs that she's seen. It made her a lot more relaxed and the rest of the interview went really well! 

  On Sunday we had a fun situation. On Saturday night, the Sister missionaries ran into a homeless man (who also has some mental problems unfortunately) on the street and invited him to come to the church sometime to meet with Elder Steele and me. He went that night and before Elder Steele and I had locked up the church to go home, he hid in one of the classrooms and spent the night there. When everyone came the next morning for church, he was still sleeping there, but he had decided to put on some baptismal clothes to wear! Then during sacrament meeting he kept walking up and down the aisles and wouldn't sit down haha. It was a very interesting meeting.

  Well I have to go now! Love you all!








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Enjoying The Work!

Slight Scare...

My Final Email Home!